Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

So, we went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on Friday evening. I thought that the movie was pretty good, if a bit superficial. It lacked a certain suspense that makes movie goers sit on the edge of their seat. The outcome was pretty obvious throughout the whole movie. I prefer it if there is some doubt about the resolution of the events, as opposed to a foregone conclusion. I would have liked to have been more fully engaged in the struggles and celebrations of the characters during the movie. I realize that I already know what happens in the story because I have read the book and the ones that follow, but I try to treat the books and the movies separately and enjoy each for their gifts.

On that note, the final book, Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows, will be released on Saturday, July 21st at 12:00 am. I plan to pick up my copy at 8:00 am and then spend a good portion of the day engrossed in the book. I am so looking forward to reading for pleasure! It will be a wonderful treat.

No comments: